I suppose there can be many reasons that the deployment file plan does not work properly.
I ran into a perticular situtation where my deployment plan file won't take effect, so all my replacement strings have no effect. It baffled me for a long time. I accidentally figured out the reason today.
In my particular case, I have an AIA EBS process, which uses mediator to route services. So there is no XSD and no WSDL for the project. So the generated plan file has this section at the bottom:
I think the empty "name" attribute renders the plan file invalid, therefore it won't take effect. I simply changed it to
that did the trick for me. With that change, my plan file worked without problem.